Tuesday 2 May 2017

From St Albans 18.3.87

From St Albans
18.3.87

Dear Alan, Lorna, Melissa, Jolene & Stacey,

                I hope this letter finds you all well. First of all an apology for not writing sooner and a big apology to Melissa as regards her birthday. Could you please send me the correct dates for all your birthdays. I now Alan’s and I think Stacey’s is the 7th April.

                We have had a mucked-up year so far. Dennis had his tonsils out on the 12th Feb at the Sunshine Private Hospital. He was going well and feeling better than he had in years when 9 days after the operation they started to bled and wouldn’t stop. I had to take him to the eye and ear Hospital at 4 o’clock in the morning with the 2 kids.

When he came home a few days later the doctor “grounded” him for 2 weeks so it would not happen again. I did not go out much either but he has finally started work again last night.

                Peter is growing up fast and is and is over 4 months. He is no problem and is still just on breastmilk which helped me to lose weight.

                We have been blackberrying twice – once with the Baptist church and once with Mum & Dad & Auntie Grace and Auntie Winn. I find blackberrying and going for bush walks most relaxing.

                I really hope you have settled in especially Lorna.  I feel pretty useless to you down here but I do intend to come up sometime – possible come up by train during the week and get Dennis to pick us up at the weekend.

                There are other possibilities of course and it all depends on our finances and your plans for the school holidays.

                Dennis and I have decided we do not want anything for the sheepskin – it is a Welcome to Australia present for you (and I can’t get anything more Australian than a sheep’s back!) I will give you the instructions on how to wash it.

                Once again I hope all is well and you have settled into your new house, Love Anne XXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment