Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Hilton 2.7.88

From Hilton
2.7.88

Dear Lorna, Allan & girls,

Thanks for the letter; it was lovely hearing from you after all this time. It is lovely having Ma & Dad back & hearing all about you. The video was great. Dad is now more keen for us to club in & buy   a video camera. Your kids accents are incredible & I got so sad watching the video, just seeing how quickly they grow up; although Ma says that your kids are very much the same.

We had a lovely holiday in Margate; although we seem to be having a colder wetter winter this year. Ga! Howick is better.

By the way Lionel bought me the overlock machine like yours second hand from his sister Nola. It is like brand new. Gee! what a pleasure it is. I have been doing quite a lot of sewing mainly tracksuits. I don’t seem to be able to do as much sewing as I would like to now that I have my license. Gee it is so lovely to have that freedom, but I seem to be permanently out now. Rushing off to town, visiting etc.
I was going to phone you to get a second opinion from Allan. Jonathon fell on a tennis racquet 6 months ago & pushed his two front teeth back. We rushed him to the doctor, but we never took him to a dentist. Subsequently the two front teeth have gone black & now they are deteriorating. I took him to a dentist on Wednesday & he said that Jonathon needs to have anesthetic for 1 ½ hours to do fillings. I feel that it is a long time. Is it normal? 

The owner of our house is selling, so we are thinking about moving again. It is would have been a lovely place to buy, but we are not in a position to buy. Gee the price of houses have just sky rocketed. It is just incredible. I said to Lionel (yesterday) that I do not know whether it is worth it owning a house. The prices just go up & up. So we shall have to rent again.

I am sure you know that Lionel has a partner & they have formed a company. Lionel as a salary from the company & the company has bought us a car. It is quite funny as I am the director. Can you believe it? Any how I must go now as I am going off to the shops. Write soon & love to all.

Love Debbie, Lionel, Jonathon & Fay.

XXXXXX

PS thanks for the lovely jacket , it really keeps me so lovely & warm.







No comments:

Post a Comment