Monday 22 May 2017

From Howick 21.2.89

From Howick
21.2.89


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                Well I have been so worried because I have not heard from you for ages, but have received the girls’ letters. Glad the Xmas parcels arrived at last.

                Yesterday I spent my whole day running around with Debbie & today as well first thing this morning Lionel phones, please ma I need Debbie’s car for the day, can you go & fetch the car for me & pick up Jonathon from school , well fortunately before I could get going as I had 8 loads of washing ( I think we must take in washing , there are only the 2 of us  & I wash every week ) to do Debbie & Fay arrived – Debbie wanted to go to Howick to have her hair permed so would I look after Fay – what a question! We really enjoyed ourselves I gave her swimming lessons – she jumps off the side of the pool & swims to the steps & can swim half way across the pool  - then we had a tea party under the Pepper Tree – then Debbie phoned for us to go to Howick to pick her up – then to Jonathon’s school to pick him up then home for a quick bite then back to Debbie’s to take  Jonathon to Mt Michael’s for his swimming lesson & he earned his first badge for swimming 10 meters – then left for home at 3 p.m. well the car played up & played up started went 100 meters then stopped  – eventually I decided it was out of petrol & walked to the garage  & got 5 liters  & off we started again stopping & starting – eventually at 4 p.m.  I phoned Dad from Hilton & he came in Ronald’s car & we managed with stopping, starting & freewheeling to get as far as St Joseph’s turnoff then gave up & got towed home

                The car stalled just over the level crossing near Debbie & the red lights were flashing & Debbie panicked as she thought the car would roll back onto the railway line so she gets out with the kids & goes to get into Ron’s car & Fay eats on the side of the road & vomits all over the back of Ronald’s  car – now Debbie has just read (while in the hairdressers) about all  the deadly plants that are around so what a picnic – I was glad to get home & get my feet up.

                We spent a week with Jenny & I spent the week in the kitchen – cooking pears, pears & more pears. They are all well.

                Neal, Vanessa & family spent the weekend here & next week most of us are going to Safari World for the day weather permitting even the Lumgiars are coming.

                The weather is still very funny we have had 2 days of summer & floods all over except in the Kruger Park & PE which have a drought.

                The outside toilet tis now working & Dad still has a little bit more plastering & odds & ends to do to finish off the alterations. Mr Jones has been helping him.

                Well no more news – my wrist says it’s time to stop writing.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX tons of love to all of you, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad & Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX






No comments:

Post a Comment