Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 29.8.88

From Howick
29.8.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & girls,
            Well can you beat it …….. walked out on us today – I can’t believe the ungrateful BITCH – she made the excuse that Leslie shouted at her – but she has got too big fat & lazy – it’s most probably a good thing & we have another girl coming to start tomorrow – I am too busy to be able to do my own housework also all the bending doesn’t agree with me.
Poor old Neal is in the wars again – on Saturday morning Vanessa had to take the boys somewhere for a couple of hours & while she was away someone broke into their house & stole their TV which has just cost R215 to repair – another TV which they had borrowed while theirs was being repaired – Vanessa’s brand new R1400 sewing machine & other things are not insured. He works so hard & has just had a spate of boils all over his face even under his one eyelid.
I am sure that spring is now here – so I have been very busy in the garden & hope to get our new trees this week & start on the vegetable garden.
We are going to spend 2 weeks with Neal during the Michaelmus holidays from the 18th September.
We went to CragieBurn for the weekend & in the usual fashion Saturday afternoon up cam the wind & it blew & blew & blew us right back to Howick. Sunday was very cold & drizzly so we watched videos all day – or should I say the others did while I looked after the kids.
I am still sewing madly Sheila gave me some pretty winter material to make up for the 3 little girls – so I have made the first one – I have made them big for next winter.
We are anxiously waiting the results of Jenny’s music exam – it was a very stiff exam.  We also haven’t got Neal’s results yet too.
I have started putting my Australian photos in an album – it is costing me a fortune in photo corners but they are looking so nice.
I have been going with Debbie on a Wednesday to Michelle’s place at Nottingham Road – where she plays tennis & I look after Fay – this week Daddy is coming too & we are going to fish as there is a lovely big dam there & they say the bass are biting. How’s the fishing going Alan?
Well no more news – I made that homespun wool into a jersey & sold it too Lionel for R50 he is thrilled……..
Tons of love from,
Dad, Mum & family
PPS I kept this letter back hoping to get Jenny’s results & she passed so now has L.R.S.M. after her name – she has never received a letter from you by the way.













No comments:

Post a Comment