Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 26.11.17

From Howick
26.11.17


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                Well I’m just whispering it’s raining – if I say it out loud it will stop. If I can just get my tank full I will be very happy.

                We arrived back from Vereeniging yesterday afternoon – we called in at Jenny’s for lunch & she was playing the piano for the nursery school concert & came home with a lovely dried flower basket that was presented to her. Wednesday she is playing at Winterton   school & Daddy & I are going to hear her play & watch the kids do ballet even Regan who is a pixie in the play. Then we are bringing the kids back here for a holiday – they miss us & their cousins.

                Daddy just about completed Aunty Maureen’s kitchen  – but we will have to go back next year & finish it off then – Aunty Maureen still does not want to live there  – she says she will miss her friends. There is still quite a lot to do in the house – so I don’t know if they will ever shift out there.

                They are also building a 3 bedroom house at Vaal dam it is a brick house too. I enjoyed myself as all my friends in Vereeniging came to see me & we went for a snoek braai which was lovely.

                Today Debbie , Daddy, Jonathon, Fay, Sherry, Clinton & myself went down to Durban to Wesley’s birthday party  & we all enjoyed ourselves especially the kids – we took them to the paddling pools at Anstey’s & Fay & Jonathon had a ball on the slide , also in Vanessa’s pool – Jonathon is just about swimming , he goes to lessons. It’s the Bester’s 5th wedding anniversary so I am wondering if they will go out to dinner & bring the children here for me to look after.

                Sheila, Ronald , Taryn & Jenna-Lee have gone to a Xmas caravan rally at Illovo beach – we would have gone if the weather had been novice – it was lovely & hot in  Vereeniging & I went swimming everyday – I’m trying to get a tan.

                It was Lesley’s birthday yesterday & she gave us all a lovely party – she always does for her birthday. The   mobile home has arrived but the Jones haven’t moved in yet. They must first do the plumbing & Ronald must put in the electrics………………..

                I’ve still got loads of sewing to do & tonight I hope to finish another baby jacket for Debbie – that will be 3 I have made for her. I want to replant my garden on Monday if I can get the boy for a day.

                Well must sign off now &    a very big thank you Alan for the lovely desk calendar that was waiting for me when I arrived home.

XXXX Tons of love from XXXXX

XXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment