Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 16.8.88

From Howick
16.8.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                Well we have been home for a week now – we had a lovely holiday with the Hayes & they were very interested to hear all about you & Australia & to see the photos. We hope to be home for  a few weeks – I told Vanessa it’s their turn to come  & visit us , but she just laughed & said it was too cold yet – it has actually been quite hot here with daytime temperatures between 23  –28 C Durban as high as 30 C.

                On Sunday Lionel had to see a customer in Hillcrest so we went to Paddington’s Beach for the day & it was the only miserable windy day they had had in about a month – nonetheless we enjoyed ourselves & the Smith/Lumgiar families joined us & we had sad rolls & coffee for lunch.

                We have just got back home from shopping at the OK Bazars – Tuesday being Pensioners (old fogey’s) day & a 5 % discount – then we get lovely fruit & vegetables opposite at Dado’s paw-paws R2.99 a box of 5 sweet pawpaws & tomatoes R3.99 a box.

                I have started sewing for Xmas presents & have started on your girls as I will soon have to think about getting the parcels off. I at long last got Alan’s parcel off & in it I put a sweat shirt for Stacey & another shirt, which I think will fit Jolene – then in another parcel I sent your magazine & a book.
                Your cousin Estelle, Harry & kids popped in on Saturday on their way home from Johannesburg – they are very good like that & will always call in when they pass by.

                I have been sick on& off ever since we came home – I now have the flu & my nose is so blocked I am having difficulty breathing.

                Tomorrow Debbie is going to Nottingham Road to play tennis at Michelle’s farm – so I am going along for the ride & to look after Fay.

                Elliot & I have spent all week in the garden pruning & fertilizing the fruit trees & getting ready to plant a lot of nut trees once spring is really here. That book Alan bought for us has really been very helpful & we have learnt a lot from it.

                Well I must get back to my sewing – I am also entering all the competitions  again – so that keeps me fairly busy – I am sure I must come up with a winner one of these days – Debbie also sends in for all of them too.

                Daddy Is busy redesigning the interior of the Kombi camper – it goes well now that Neal has fixed the engine , but it is heavy on petrol & petrol is going up to 93 C a liter from next month.

XXXXXXX Tons of love to each & everyone

 XXXXXX Dad , Mum & family XXXXX

PS Jenny plays her final music exam on Saturday if she passes she will have L.R.S.M.





                               





No comments:

Post a Comment