Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 16.9.88

From Howick
16.9.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                It is freesing cold tonight again but we still haven’t had any rain – but I have planted my potatoes and seeds in desperation as we are going to Durban on Monday for 2 weeks – normally all my vegetables would have been in a month already. Tonight on TV they said O.F.S. had had terrible storms & wind & hail & extensive damage has been done to lots of farms. Jenny has had lots of rain too. We have had some very hot weather with the temperature being up to 30 C.

Before I forget did you get the $100 that I sent you – as you haven’t mentioned it. I think the parcel is at the Post Office – but I was too late to get it today.

I am very worried about Taryn  – she has had  a swollen knee  & a fever for about 2 weeks  & Sheila took her to the Dr & they have been trying to sort it out   & today she saw an orthopedic chap & he put her straight into hospital & said she should have been in 10 days ago & that she could be in hospital for up to 3 months & that there was something wrong with her blood too, so I am waiting for Shelia to  come back from hospital to see whether see needs any nighties  or a  dressing gown & then I’ll make her some quickly & take them to her on Monday.

                Debbie is very down at the moment as Lionel works all the time & she feels that she & the kids never see him (don’t mention this when you write ) Fay is so cute she broke something this morning & said “sorry it was an accident you know I have a problem” – what the problem is we don’t quite know.  Jonathon loves school   was very sad when they broke up today for 10 days, but I am hoping that Debbie will come to Durban for a few days  & then we will all go camping at Scottburgh for a long weekend  as Neal is also on leave for 2 weeks.

                I am still very busy sewing & knitting. I have just about caught yup on the dresses I had cut out – but still want to make another 4 then swimming shorts for the boys for Xmas.

                We were thrilled that Jenny had passed her licentiate – she has now been asked to do a piano recital in the P.M. Burg City Hall – but she keeps making excuses not to – Dad & I think it would be good for her.

                At long last my lounge has been painted & my new curtains hung & it looks so light & bright now I must get the lunge suite dry cleaned.

                Must close.

XXXXX   Tons of love XXXXX

XXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXX

PS I have just finished putting all my Australian photos in an album it has cost me over R20 for corners but it looks super.








No comments:

Post a Comment