Monday 22 May 2017

From Howick 2.3.89

From Howick
2.3.89


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                It was such a lovely surprise hearing you on the phone last week – I was really getting very worried about you – thank you also for your long newsy letter received. Congratulations to Melissa on her ironman medal – we are so proud of her.

                Last weekend the weather was normal, raining, so we never got to Safari World so Clinton made his own Safari World here with Sheila, Ronald & kids, Jenny, Jimmy & kids & Debbie & Lionel & kids – I never moved out of the kitchen I stood all day cooking & washing dishes – in the afternoon we had a little party for Fay then she had a big party on Tuesday & I spent all yesterday morning icing & making cakes & sandwiches for her party – when she woke up on Wednesday she said “now I am 3 I can go to school” so Debbie took her & she is enjoying it.

                Tomorrow we are off to Happy Wanderers at Kelso, where we have booked a fully equipped Plettenberg Home for 6 people for the weekend Friday-Sunday for R80. They now have 32 chalets & I don’t know how many pletts & they are all fully booked – so if Neal decides to come down depending on the weather he can sleep in the caravan park in the Kombi & I have taken Jonathon’s tent for the boys to sleep in. I have cooked all day. Monday we picked 3*10 liter buckets of beans & I deep froze them & made curry bean pickle, now today we picked another 2 buckets so I have given a lot away & now must go & freeze the rest.

                I am so pleased to hear that you have got a decent sewing machine & very very pleased that you are going to finish your degree, Jenny was so pleased when I told her in fact they all read & enjoyed your last 2 letters & the photos.

                Dad is still working on the additions & Ronald came over & sorted the car out – Dad is really getting old, sometimes I feel so sorry for him when I see hi   struggling to do jobs that would have taken 5 minutes to do a few years ago.

                Well no more news & will write when we get back from Durban as we are going to Durban after Kelso as Lumgiar is going to army.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Tons of love to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment