Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 6.12.88

From Howick
6.12.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                I’m getting this letter off while I am having a short breather – schools broke up here on the 30th November & go back on the 17th January 1989.

                I persuaded Debbie to take us in her car to Bergville to fetch Jenny’s  kids to come & spend a holiday with us – well it was my biggest mistake – as we drove into Jenny’s driveway there  was steam pouring out of the bonnet – so as soon as it cooled down Daddy added more water & it poured straight through & onto the ground – so we had to dismantle the radiator , fan & water pump & the seal had gone on the water pump – by this time it was too late to do anything so we all had to sleep at Jenny’s……………….next day Jenny had to Glencoe so on the way home bought  a new water pump R120 & Dad put it together again & we came home with Jenny’s 3 children.

                There is a lovely new place called SAFARI WORLD 20 kms outside P.M.Burg & it is a wonderful place to take kids  – so we took them all on Saturday &  had a ball – I think they have just about everything crocodiles,  hippos, lions, elephants & other game also rapids on the Umgeni River & there are hundreds of tubes for you to ride on – also fufi slides, ordinary slides, swings, you name it they’ve got it & you pay R5 entrance & everything else is free – also gas braais so we had a braai for lunch – they  also put on shows every 2 hours & have a village , which sells food & ice-creams etc.

                Jenny & Jim came last night & slept & took the kids back today plus Clinton hence the peace – now Sheila is desperate for me to have her kids, they have moved into their new house in Bushlands Road & I hope they manage to keep it.

                Neal & Vanessa & kids are well & they will come to me in the New Year.

                Today I decided to take the kids fishing at Midmar & Debbie came later in her car with Fay (I had Jonathon) well on the way back  I was first out & Sherry said to me she thought something must be wrong with Debbie as she wasn’t following , so I turned back to look for her & her car had come to a standstill – so I brought her home – & we all had a lovely braai together – then Dad & Jimmy went out to the dam & towed Debbie’s car home the timing belt had gone – so another job for Dad to do.  We were fishing with lures & worms & caught nothing, but the Hindi fellas next to us were catching large carp on bread – so next time we will use bread.

                Ronald & Lesley are well it’s their anniversary today so they are going to Hilton for Chinese dinner.

                Well must sign off for now. I’m enclosing a couple of photos the fish caught at St Joseph’s dam. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX tons of love XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXX





               




No comments:

Post a Comment