Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 21.7.88

From Howick
21.7.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                I was so sorry that I missed your phone call yesterday – but we keep promising Jonathon that we will take him fishing & we never do so I decided to take him down to Jan’s dam well that will be the last time we go there, the grass was so long & full of jiggly jawler & rocks & Jonathon kept falling down – then we were attacked by ants so we came home in a hurry. I am hoping to take him to Midmar tomorrow as he starts pre-primary on Monday & I won’t be able to take him out so much then – he is looking forward to going to school. He never wants to go home & spends most of his time with me when I am home – tonight they are both here as Lionel & Debbie have gone out to dinner at Mike’s Kitchen – I looked after them on Tuesday as well when  they went to see “Crocodile Dundee 11” & thoroughly enjoyed it.

                We spent a week in Durban & enjoyed the warm weather – we spent 3 heavenly days on the beach – it was spring.

                The same week Aunty Pat died. I was very sick, but I am well again now thank goodness.

                Thank goodness Beselina arrives back tomorrow. I have started to make the lounge curtains & have made 2 & hung them & they look lovely, they have given me a hard time as they are 3 meters wide by 2 meters long & I tore the lining & it tore so crocked that I have wasted so much lining that I must get more from Bergville before I can finish the other two. We went to visit the Gibbons today & showed them the photos of Australia & they were more interested to hear all about our trip.

                It’s still cold here at night but 23–26 C during the day – but Monday we are going to the Hayes at Southbroom for at least a week – hope the weather is good.

                Debbie has just walked in & taken the children – so it’s time for me to climb into our nice warm bed.

                I am feeling bad as I haven’t got round to posting Alan’s fishing reel, but it will be sent off soon I hope.

                I’m missing the girls & keep thinking about the funny things that Stacey used to do & I tell the others all about it.

                Well I really must sign off –

                Tons of love to each one of you,

                Dad, Mum & family

XXXXXXXXXXXX

PS This is the last travelers cheque didn’t want to send it until I heard if you received the last one. Did you get your sleeping bag? Our pillows were stolen at the bus station at Brisbane – saved me taking them to the op shop in Sydney.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment