Monday 22 May 2017

From Howick 17.1.89

From Howick
17.1.89

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                Thanks for your letter received today.  I have also been bad about writing – I have had some or other of the grandchildren staying here for all the school holidays – so I can tell you I was pleased to see them go back to school today.

                Neal’s kids came for a week & they weren’t too bad but I find them very demanding – after they left I went to Jenny’s to collect Donovan & Taryn who had been with Jenny since Boxing Day & by which time she was heartedly sick of all the kids too, I kept Donovan  & Taryn here until Friday when we took them home & spent a long weekend with Sheila – it was really very pleasant – the kids all behaved themselves & Sheila  really has  a lovely place – only hope they manage to keep it. Ronald went out of his way to make us feel very welcome & wanted. Sheila has a large garden, which is completely flat 7 fully fenced.

                Ronald, Les & family are all well – Sherry went back to Howick School but Les sent  a letter to keep her down in Std 4.

                Debbie hasn’t been keeping too well has an ugly boil on her back & she gets migraines. She bought Fay to spend the morning  with me & we enjoyed ourselves, but halfway through the morning the phone rang & it was the school asking us to fetch Jonathon as he was very upset – so we went & he said he was just missing us all & would be glad when it was the Easter Holidays . I took him fishing & he caught 3 fish one pan size.

                Neal & Vanessa are coming for the weekend & we are all hoping to go to Safari World on Saturday weather permitting.

                We have had no summer yet – even Durban was pleasant – we had 4 inches of rain last week in 2 days it was like a river running through the property.

                Dad is busy enclosing the outside bedroom into the house & adding another toilet & bathroom – he is doing very well & it will be super when finished.

                I have just stewed rhubarb, made chicken liver pate & Dad is busy doing nectarines (off our tree) for me to stew & put in the deep freeze. Did I tell you we have macadamia nuts & chestnuts on our tree for the first time.

                I still have lots of sewing to do & have a small order as well. We paid R67 to have the overlock serviced so hope it will now be OK.

                Must close for now,

XXXXX Tons of love to each & everyone XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX Love from Dad & Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PS Please don’t forget to get one of the kids to write to me on a PC with Australia map on it.









No comments:

Post a Comment