Monday 22 May 2017

From Howick 7.2.89

From Howick
7.2.89


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                Well it really is ages since we last heard from you – I rush to get the post every day but nothing.

                It has been raining here since last Thursday, but it says it’s going to clear from tomorrow – I have had to wear a jersey everyday. The radio & TV are all full of our strange weather.

                I have got yours, Melissa & Stacey’s birthday parcels all ready to be posted. I have been busy today making Stacey a long dancing skirt, Fay begged me to make her one, then she wore it night & day for 4 days – so I have just made her another one today also one for Jenna – hope Stacey enjoys hers  as much as fay does.

                We went to the flea Market in P.M.Burg on Sunday – it really is excellent such a variety of stalls & things on sale & most reasonably priced.  Talking of fleas Lesley’s dad has Tick Bite Fever & is really very sick.

                Dad has a small plumbing job to do this week – then we are going to Jenny’s for a week.  The pears are ready so I want to stew a lot for her & put them in her deep freeze. I am trying to twist Daddy’s arm for us to go & spend a night at Royal National – he hasn’t committed himself so far.
                Did I tell you Garrett had got a “Merit Badge “at school (I think I told you).

Everytime I go to Durban  Jenna says “Nana please don’t take me to the beach” as she is scared of the sea – now I think she is missing me because she asked Sheila to phone me for her & her first words were “Nana you can take me to the beach” so I want to go down after Jenny’s . I think the whole family are going to Safari World for Fay’s birthday. Most close my hand is aching.

Tons of love to each one of you – Dad & Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX



               





No comments:

Post a Comment