Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 26.10.88

From Howick
26.10.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

We are just back from Jenny’s where we spent 5 days – they are all well & the kids are always asking after you all & they have the video at the moment & look at it all the time. While we were at Jenny’s she played  “The Marriage of Figaro “ at a W.I. conference, so dad 7 I went to listen & were really very proud of her.

Friday we were off to Durban for the long weekend – Jenny is coming down on Friday too, as Tamlyn has to go & have a brain scan……..

We had 2 boiling hot days, but the weather has turned miserable again & it is very cold &they are expecting snow on the berg.  I was hoping to take Jenny’s kids camping while I was in Bergville but the weather was miserable – now I wanted to take Neal’s boys camping this weekend but it looks as though the weather is going to be miserable again.

                We went fishing at Jenny’s but I only caught 2 small fish & threw them back – we also went mushrooming & came home with about 12 kgs – which I had to clean & parboil & put in the deep freeze – I also made mulberry jam for Jenny too.

                Debbie & kids have just walked in & she is longing to talk to you so can you phone her here on the 14th November about 1 p.m.

                I am still busy sewing & knitting – I put another dress & a pair of shorts into Lesley’s parcel, they are for Stacey. I went to the Mooi River factory & spent R85.00 on material so now I am swing madly & trying to sell things. I have made up the R85.00.  Mr & Mrs Jones have settled in nicely next door I am pleased for Lesley as I didn’t like her always being on her own at night.

                                Well must sign off for now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX tons of love to everyone,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXX









No comments:

Post a Comment