Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 13.10.88

From Howick
13.10.88

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

                It was so lovely talking to you on the phone I knew you would phone & had been waiting since 5.30 a.m.

                It is persisting cold here & has been like this since Sunday afternoon – there has been snow all over the country & it has really been bitter – we have had a little bit of rain, but not nearly enough – I seem to have lost all the vegetables I planted so I will have to start again .

                Well we had family day here on Monday in all the rain & mizzle – but it went off very well with lots & lots of super eats – we had it  at Lesley’s which was just as well as we all had to be inside all day – Aunty Joy, aunty  Daphne, aunty Kay, Aunty Norah & their spouses……………………………………

                The Jones shifted in yesterday in all the cold & wet.

                We are hoping to go camping to the mountains this weekend – Jenny has just phoned to say that the kids are missing us so much  & have booked to come & stay in the holidays & will also come away with us this weekend.

                I have got your parcel off please wrap the parcels for me – the pink dress  for Stacey is from Sheila also the stationary sets for the girls, the  rest is from me – I couldn’t fit Stacey’s book in so will post it when I send your magazine.

                I am still busy sewing – everytime I make a dress & tell Fay it’s for Stacey or Jenna she asks me to please make her one too – she just loves to dress up & put lipstick on – it’s a real pleasure to make her a dress as he will put it on & won’t take it off. They still come everyday to see us & are really delightful children & a pleasure to have around.

                Well not much news today since I told you all the news on the phone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX Tons of love to everyone XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX



               



No comments:

Post a Comment