Tuesday 2 May 2017

From Howick 3.7.88

From Howick
3.7.88
Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

We were pleased to get your letter & to hear all is well – we are very glad that we aren’t with you in the wet & cold – I haven’t felt the cold here so far, although we have had snow & lots of frost & while we were with Jenny it was snowing here on the farm & the kids were very excited & had to phone & tell me.

I’ve got Donovan & Taryn here for the 3 weeks school holidays ……………. Taryn is such a joy – she has been so sick with flu & croup but never complains or asks for anything or wants anyone to pay attention to her.

Elliot & Beselina are on 3 weeks leave & I am going bananas & I now realise I could never life in Australia – I would rather be dirty with Beselina than without her & she has only been gone for 3 days – it’s also not easy for me as I always have everybody here too – but today Debbie cooked lunch for all of us – Ronald, Les & kids too & Les & Ron   quite often send me a meal now.

Its cost me a fortune to restock my larder since returning & I am still not finished. I bought new curtain for the lounge from PEP stores & it cost me over R200 – I haven’t made them up yet – I am waiting for Elliot to come back & paint the lunge & help Dad put in pine ceilings, so we should be very smart.

We have bought a fancy fishing reel for Alan & will be posting it off soon – happy fishing Alan when the weather gets warmer.

I’m busy trying to finish a jersey for Debbie as she says she’s desperate. Well must close now.

XXXX Tons of love to you all XXXX

XXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment