Monday 22 May 2017

From Howick 1.2.89

From Howick
1.2.89


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,
                Well it’s some time since I had a letter from you – but I understand how busy you are –  but what about Melissa , as I know she is on long school holidays or maybe they have started school again.
                …………………………………………………
                The summer has arrived with vengeance & I spend most of my day in the pool tying to cool off. I am thinking of jumping in now to cool me off for the night. We have had no rain for weeks & the garden is shriveling up.

                Garrett as just phoned me to say he got a “Merit  Badge” for school today for good work so I have just written to him & sent him  R2 funny how  Neal’s kids are so clever – they all do so well at school & the others seem to battle. Garrett wasn’t very happy about going to big school, so hope now that he will settle down.

                Fay is just about swimming in fact she swims from one person to another on her own under water but I have it as she is too brave & says Nana leave me alone I can swim right across the pool & off she starts. Jonathon is like a fish in the water dives off the side all the time & swims to the steps.
                Jenny, Jim & kids spent Saturday here & the kids spent the whole day in the pool.

                Sheila & kids have had flu, but are nearly over it.

                Daddy has got on so well with the alterations – he just has the finishing off to do & to bring the water to the toilet & to do the shower – we will sort out the scullery out last of all. I’ll have to have a lot more new curtains.

                Must sign off now as I am very busy sewing as usual & I have several orders just for small things & I have made Jonathon 2 shirts & 1 shorts & now Fay wants a dancing skirt – she is a proper madam & will only wear what she wants to. Yesterday I went with Debbie to Nottingham Road to a birthday party. Stephen Jones wife, Wendy had another daughter today.

                Well I’ll have to stop now as I’ve run out of paper. Spent the day at Craigie Burn on Sunday Jonathon caught 8 fish.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Tons of love rom XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX Dad & Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX






No comments:

Post a Comment