Monday 29 May 2017

From Howick 3.4.90

From Howick
3.4.90

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls

It was so lovely talking to you & the girls & I do look so forward to your phone calls.
Debbie is settled in her new house & has it for a year – they he bought a piece of ground at Hilton for R25,000 & I am hoping that they will start building right away.

Yesterday the sun has shone all day – but there has been a nip in the air – I have two boys working in the garden all day & what a joy – I filled the Kombi with all Dad’s old junk (he was nearly crying & did put a few things back at the dump) & took it to the dumps, you won’t believe me but the Kombi was full to the roof & my garden now looks so lovely & neat & the grass all mown.

We are off to Durban tomorrow for a week – we are going to house sit Neal’s place as he is going down the coast for a week, they have taken a cottage with some friend of theirs! Jenny will bring her kids down on Thursday & will have a long weekend with us in Durban, then Jenny will fetch them on Monday. It’s Clinton’s birthday today, so he is banging on the window at 6 a.m. to get his presents. She Sherry asked me to make him a cake & she organized a party for him after school, while they were waiting for the bus, which only comes an hour after school closes, as the bus also picks up the High School kids. I am hoping to do a lot of swimming in Durban & also to go to the beach everyday. I do love the sea. I went to visit Nola & ordered your jersey – she has given up work & makes jerseys for a living now – you will see how beautiful she makes them when you receive yours. 

Do you remember your friend Lynn , you worked with her  & she married Neil Whitehead from Cedara, well they live over the road from Debbie & they have 3 children a boy Jonathon’s age , a girl Fay’s age & a baby boy born just before Xmas. I will pop over & see her when Easter is over. I think we are going to stay at home this Easter. Safari World & the Natal Parks Board have put their prices up something like 500% that one can’t afford to go to these places anymore.

                Must close now as I have run out of time & space.

XXXXXXXXXXXX tons of love to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad & Mom XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment