Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Scottburgh 2.1.87

From Scottburgh
2.1.87
Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls,
                                                Well the New Year is already 2 days old & we all wish you a very happy New Year & hope that you settle down well in Australia. Ronald very kindly lent us his caravan & car to come away with as I had been very sick for a couple of weeks & the Dr didn’t seem to be able to help me and Daddy hadn’t got the Campervan sorted out – so Debbie , Lionel & family came here with us.

And thank goodness for the last 2 days I have been feeling much better. Neal thought I might have jaundice the funny thing was that before he said that Debbie had said I was looking yellow – but I have an ulcer, but will see when I get home.

We had a lovely Xmas with everybody except the …….. We all missed you all.  I was too sick to appreciate it & just had one slice of turkey & went to bed. I missed all the good TV programs. The wind is unreal here it has never stopped blowing and a lot of people are going early as they can’t stand it any longer –  you can guess Daddy is chomping at the bit about it & wants to go home. 

Actually apart from the wind it has been lovely. Jonathon has really loved every minute of it. We are right at the end of the park so we catch the little train backwards and forwards to the main beach to Jonathon’s delight. Fay has been so good & is walking all over I’ll send some photos of her & Jenna when we get back home. Well I had all the kids for the holiday & I think that was part of the reason for my getting sick. Nel & Byron & Wesley were unreal they fought nonstop for 2 weeks & Wesley grizzled  & whined the whole time – Garrett was  an angel –  apparently Neal gave them such a hiding when they got home because they continued to fight him.

The …….. have been to visit us twice & have gone on holiday to Rhodesia to see Jenny, who had another little girl on Boxing Day. Richard & his wife & daughter came too. Today Debbie, Jonathon, Faye & I catch the train to see Aunty Violet, who is in an old age home there.

                Tons of love,
                                Dad, Mum & All

               



No comments:

Post a Comment