Thursday 23 March 2017

From Howick 25.5.87

From Howick
25.5.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls,
                                                                We have just got back from Durban where we had a lovely week – and with all the family – Debbie, Lionel & kids didn’t come as Lionel was too busy – but on Saturday afternoon they went to the Royal show & Jonathon had R10 worth of rides & Lionel went for a ride in a helicopter.

It was Jonathon’s 3rd birthday on Thursday & he had a long party I made a boat cake with 3 decks with umbrellas swimming pool & people lying around the pool. Donovan , Byron & Taryn shared a party and I made Mickey & Minnie Mouse for the  …, the cakes  were really superb  & for Donavan a pirate , there were dozens of kids  & we had it at Neal’s & Neal made  a puffy slide & had the kids lined up all afternoon for rides.

Sunday we went to the beach, but it was very windy & the seas murky as the coast had quite a bit of rain. I went for a long swim in the tidal pool as I have put on quite of weight since I stopped swimming, but I intend to do lots of swimming when we leave.

Jenny & family are well, but Jenny is so busy doing music exams.

Well Lesley had her operation & is well on the way to recovery…………………..the kids stayed with me & were so good. I am still doing the cooking but Ronald is buying the food.   We are picking masses of peas, guavas, tree tomatoes grapefruit & oranges off our trees. I made guava jelly, but it didn’t set too well not enough pectin, now I must start on our marmalade. We had our first frost last night but it is still hot during the day.

I am still entering every competition , but I haven’t won anything as yet I bought a R10 ticket in the R1,000,000 Gold Rush so maybe we will get lucky (not maybe I know I am going to win enough money to come & see you all!!)

It was so lovely speaking to you al no the phone & I am much happier now that I realise how easy it is to phone you. Thanks for the lovely photos Stacey looks too beautiful & my heart gets so sore everytime I look at her photograph.

I airmailed the elephants if that South African Curio Shop is interested I can get hold of lots – they are hand made in Malawi  & cost R4.00 for 6 the only thing I can’t get any more while as they are made from hippo teeth & that is out – the black ones are made from ebony , so see what you can do.
Sheila took me material shopping & I got quite a few more pieces I have quite a lot.  Stick piled – but unfortunately not much for girls mainly shirts.  Have the girls been receiving my parcels, as I send hem each one each month. Much love will write from Margate.

                                                                                                                                Tons of love to all
                                                                                                                                Dad, Mum & family
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX











                 



No comments:

Post a Comment