Thursday 23 March 2017

From Howick 21.5.87

From Howick
21.5.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls,

Well I received your letter today – your new house sounds spooky – I wonder if Debbie will come to visit you after she reads your letter.

Daddy is 100% fit , he had the skin cancer removed at Dr Hampshire’s it took over an hour to remove it plus the 3  warts on his head. He is busy making a lovely black wood server – it really is a beautiful piece of furniture & Jenny has bought it for R300.00 – so if we canary on like that we will be OK. 

Daddy will get a War Veterans Pension of plus – minus R250.00 then we get R250   from Ronald   & Les & I hope to get a disability pension & if I do we will definitely be all right.

Lionel is going to pay the telephone account and Ronald & Leslie will have to take Elliot & Beselina & also pay the lights and water the others aren’t in a positon to help us – but it doesn’t matter as we will go to Jenny’s once a month for about a week & also go to Neal’s, so you must not worry about us as all is well. I am also doing quite a lot of sewing & have quite a few orders & I have sold quite         a lot of stuff already, we also have a few thousand rand in the bank, which we didn’t want to touch in case we need it later on.

I feel very sure that I am going to win enough money for Dad & I to come over for  a long holiday – I am entering a lot more competitions this week again, also out of the Your Family – hence the missing pages for your magazine.

Neal, Vanessa & boys  spent a week here & only left this morning so peace reigneth……………………………………………………………………..............................................

We had a lovely Easter the weather was too perfect – we went to Midmar on Sunday for the day & we really had a lovely day – the boys skied all day long & I swam with the children………………………………………………………………………………………………......

Sheila & Ronald & family are well……………………………….......................................……………

Daddy has just gone to work only & more days thank goodness. I can’t tell you how pleased I will be to have him home at nights in future. Just hope I can get as much sewing done when he is around.
We leave Wednesday night after work for Jenny’s then onto Maureen’s the next day for Patrick’s wedding – we will stay with the Hayes for about 10 days & hope to see Uncle John & Aunty Fay , also we will call on the Pages &  sleep the night there too so we will be gone for about 2 weeks altogether.

Well my bed is calling & I hear funny noises in the lounge thank goodness Ronald will be here soon

                                                                Tons of love all

                                                                Dad, Mum & family







No comments:

Post a Comment