Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Hilton 20.4.87

From Hilton
20.4.87

Dear Lorna & family,

Thanks for the letter. We are glad to gear that you are all well & settled in your new house & it sounds lovely.

Talking about sending Stacey to crèche well you know how I feel about sending my kids, but just lately Jonathon has been so desperate to go, so I took him when I was going to have my hair permed. Janet was a bit nervous to take him because she says that they normally cry for a whole morning; but when we fetch him at lunch time he is not even worried about us, in fact he wants to stay for lunch. Now he wants to go back; so I have said he can go twice a week when I get my license. He is going to be 3 next month. Can you believe it?

Fay has done something stupid. You know that she has only had her top teeth for 2 months; well she walks straight into the pram & manages to break the one tooth. Can you believe it. I am looking all over for the tooth; the next minute she spits it out into my hand.

Lionel has really been spoiling me lately. I have had my hair permed and he gave me money to buy new clothes. He took me out to dinner for my birthday & we went to dinner again last week. It was lovely. We seem to be getting on our feet again, but Lionel is really working hard. He has stacks of work to complete before we go to Margate this year. It is going to be lovely as Dad will be coming with this year. By the way, you can stop worrying about Ma and Dad, there is nothing to worry about.
Besides it just wasn’t natural for Dad to working those hours or for Ma to be alone like that on the farm. Ma & Dad also know that we will all be able to help them. Ronald & Lesley have also offered to cook for them.

Have you had a lovely Easter. Lionel has worked most of the weekend although he took the day off yesterday and we all went skiing at the dam on the day. Neal & Vanessa have been up for a week. They are all well. 

I have been doing quite a lot of sewing lately for the kids. dungarees   and winter shirts. I want to make one for Stacey – they are lovely.


Anyhow I do not have more news.

Keep well & write soon.

Lots of love,

Debbie, Lionel, Jonathon & Fay.





No comments:

Post a Comment