Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Bergville 4.4.87

From Bergville
4.4.87

Dear Alan, Lorna & girls,
                                                Surprise! Dis you groot (nie vet nie) Sus van die ou Berg – Verstaan? (I’ve been practicing my best Afrikaans at the Tupperware en HTX parties. Sorry I didn’t write sooner, but I lost my pen.

Jokes aside – thanks for the books for the kids and the card – I hope Melissa got Tam-lyn’s letter. We moved into Bergville at the beginning of December. It was dreadful because we did it ourselves with a bakkie and a trailer and I have an incredible amount of stuff. We are very pleased with the house, but it needs a great deal of work and the garden which is an acre also needs work because the last people left rubbish lying all over and I am trying to completely change the garden. I have a good housegirl (Lophie, I bought from Jagersrust) but have battled to get gardeners – I am now trying a garden girl. Jimmy started shift work on 16th Dec and he spends most of his spare time working on the house………..

I started to redo my Music Teachers Diplomas this year and have written one exam already (another three written and two practicals to go). This has taken  a lot of time because I practice up to four hours in a  day and still fit in a couple of hours of theory and when Jim & the kids are home they also expect some of my attention. I haven’t even had time to play bridge lately.

The kids have settled down nicely at school although Tam-lyn didn’t get an exciting report. After a great deal of indecision we kept Regan back in Class 11 and I am pleased now that I did although he reproaches me occasionally. He is showing potential as a breaststroke swimmer and the swimming coach is showing interest in him – we hope it helps develop his self confidence. Tam-lyn is playing tennis and chess at school and is doing another ballet exam this year (I am playing the piano for the ballet)…………..Tara came first in her race at the gala, but I don’t think she is ever going to battle at anything.

                                                                Well, love to everyone.

                                                                Jenny, Jim, Tam-lyn, Regan & Tara + 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 goldfish, 2 doves, 1 rooster, 3 hens, 6 chickens.


               




No comments:

Post a Comment