Wednesday 1 March 2017

From Howick 5.10.86

From Howick
5.10.86



Dear Alan,

We have got the house to ourselves tonight because mom and dad went to Jenny’s for the weekend and they are only coming back tomorrow. It is 7:30 pm and the children are all sleeping and there is not a sound in the house. It makes a pleasant change. I think the novelty and excitement of staying here has worn off with the children and they are beginning to feel a bit insecure, especially Jolene. I don’t think going to Durban this weekend helped so I am going to avoid going away again. They keep saying that they wish you were with us.

I can’t complain about anything here. My mother hasn’t been interfering with the children’s routine and there hasn’t been any junk food for them to eat and everybody has been very nice to me and so far there haven’t been any fights and I am going to avoid one at all cost.

Sherry and Clinton came to Durban with us and Clinton was so well behaved I can hardly believe it. I think he is just naughty for his mother and Nana because he gets attention through it. Although I have been staying here, I still don’t seem to get enough time to study.  When I am not busy with Stacey, I seem to be busy with something else.  I have also been quite tired because I have had several sleepless nights with Stacey. I didn’t know what she was feeling but now I realise it was because of her teething. When she woke up at night she just did not want to go back into her pram again and she just wanted to stay in the bed with me. Anyway she has settled down a bit now but the other tooth will be coming out any day now as I can see it under the gum. During the day she is fine and I give her a finger biscuit to eat occasionally.

Melissa and Jolene haven’t got any complaints about school and the second day Jolene walked out with a box of silkworms that she was going to take with until I stopped her.
Stacey seems to be getting better since I have taken her to the Doctor. She is getting quite a bit of medicine at the moment, but it seems to be helping. The weather has also warmed up, thank goodness. It was beginning to seem as though everything in this house was damp  and we were running out of warm clothes. You must write and let me know everything that you have been doing. We are all missing you more every day but now we have only a month left.

                Lots of love
                                Lorna XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment