Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Hilton 12.2.87

From Hilton
12.2.87
Dear Lorna & family,

Thanks for the letter which I received yesterday. Thanks too for the beautiful books which you sent my kids. Jonathon likes his so much that he makes me read it over to him. This letter is not going to be very long, as I do not have much news, but I am trying to write back as soon as I receive a letter; one tends to become very slack otherwise.

I have just finished writing a letter to Sally, who I have not heard from in years. Michele got a letter from her, and she is working front desk at one of the big hotels in America, so it should be interesting.

Lionel, Johnathon, Fay & I re going to the Berg on Sunday; returning on Friday. We are going to the cottage at Vergclegon. There is not much to do there, except walk in the forest; swim in the stream, but that is exactly what Lionel wants, just to relax.

I have been doing stacks of sewing lately although the weather has been incredibly hot this month. Tell Jolene that I did not forget her birthday, but I will be sending something shortly.
Well I can’t believe it Fay will be a year in two weeks time. I am having a whole lot of kids around for her party. Fay won’t know what’s going on but I am sure she will enjoy. Ma bought her a pair of sandals for her birthday & she is so proud of them that she keeps picking up her feet & showing everybody. Actually she is quite sick today. Jonathon & her have had the runs for a couple of days and Fay is not well today. It may be this long awaited tooth. Jonathon just gets lovelier everyday. Lionel’s business is doing alright. We are expecting a big cheque today; so Lionel is taking me out to dinner; movies tomorrow night.

You asked about Ronald & Lesley. Well I’m sure Ma told you that Ronal got promotion, so he is earning much more now – about time too; and his work have sent him on a course to Durban, so he has been away for a whole week. It looks as if they are really looking after him now. I phoned Sheila this morning & she says that she is making the most beautiful costumes, so she is going to send the pattern to you.  Actually she has been having sewing lessons at her flat, and she says that she has learnt so much from them. They were up to weeks ago. They spent two days at Jenny’s & then spent a weekend at Ma’s. They were only staying the night, but Ronald was enjoying himself so much that they stayed the whole weekend.

I don’t know if I told you, that I am going to get a phone 7 then I can phone you once in a while. I can not   believe that you have been in Australia for nearly 4 months already. I miss you lots and think about you all the time. Anyway I have to go and ice my cake as my neighbour is coming over for tea.
Keep well & write soon again.

Much love,

Debbie, Lionel, Johnathon &Fay





No comments:

Post a Comment