Wednesday 1 March 2017

From Howick 29.9.86

From Howick
29.9.86
Dear Alan,

I am writing from the farm and it really feels quite nice to have some sort of place to call home. My mother made room in the outside room for the dining room table   so I have got something to work on. I have just opened all the post – most of it was rubbish – and filled in the forms for Melissa and Jolene for school. I had quite a nice trip from Vereeniging to Jagersrust. When I left, Stacey was asleep and she only woke up just before Harrismith and if I had known it was so close to Jenny’s house I would not have stopped at Harrismith for lunch.   When I got to Jagersrust I really felt like carrying on to Howick but when I phoned mom, she said they had already left to come home and so I waited for them. My mother is probably going up there this weekend but I won’t go with I said that I will probably just got to Durban to fetch the washing machine and desk and not spend too much time there as I really need a  break from the running around. 

While I was in Vereeniging , Aunty Maureen kept on saying that she was probably never going to see us again and she wanted to know quite a lot about Australia like what the houses are made of and whether they  mined anthracite etc so I told her I would find out and let her know.
The deposit of 19 Anthony Cres was in the post so I most bank that cheque tomorrow. I want to get to the estate agents so that they will hurry up with the money from the house and I also want to phone the Australian Embassy.

Melissa and Jolene have to go to school in ordinary clothes tomorrow because I couldn’t get uniforms for them today and also they need brown shoes instead of black but they are allowed to wear brown sandals so if they aren’t allowed to wear black shoes, I will have to buy them brown sandals.
I am going with my mother to buy some fruit and vegetables in Maritzburg tomorrow. I don’t seem to have had any fresh fruit for ages.

When we left Jagersrust this morning, there was snow on the higher peaks of the burg, but the weather has warmed up quite a bit. Stacey still makes a “poo” in the toilet everyday and my mother says that Jenna also uses the pottie.

 My mother said that Tarryn was talking about the nice bus driver that they had and so she asked her if the bus driver was black so Tarryn hurried around and said no, he’s a human being.  My mother thought this was so funny and she’s telling everyone. She also said that Neal was upset because you didn’t phone him and say goodbye.

Anyway… we are missing you, and especially Melissa, she gets quite tearful about it and if Stacey cries she says it’s because she is missing you too.

Their coughs don’t seem to have improved at all. Stacey is coughing right now so I will end off now and go to bed.

                                All my love
                                                Lorna
                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment