Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Howick 16.2.87

From Howick
16.2.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls

                                                Well it was so lovely hearing you on the phone – I will phone you one of these days when Debbie is here – she & Lionel have gone to Vergelegen for 5 days – so I am my own boss for a change.

Today Molly & Joan Hill came for lunch, so I gave them a really super lunch, roast pork, apple sauce & 4 vegetables out of the garden, followed by ice cream & peaches –  they really enjoyed themselves & send their love – Molly is flying to Australia on the 6th  – she is still waiting for her visa – which is now coming from London.

Ronald went to Durban on a Managerial Course for a week & passed – he was fed up with ………..
Sheila and kids were supposed to come for the weekend, but Sheila is working on a Wednesday & Saturday at the Tote.  So she couldn’t get off – Ronald was in a raft race somewhere.

Jenny is doing a music examination on the 4th March & that will be the first time we have seen her since Xmas – and we will go up on the 21st March for Tam-lyn’s birthday. I spoke to her on the phone the other day & she could hardly speak to me – because her chicken had died – but cheered up when I said I would give her another one with chickens. Jenny went to watch Regan swim in a gala   & he was so busy playing he missed both his races – so Jenny was mad as she sat 3 hours  in the blazing sun to watch him.

It has been very hot here & I have been doing a lot of swimming & exercises in the pool. I am also starting to plant my winter garden. so spent most of the morning gardening.
Thank you very much for the money I am trying to make up my mind as to the best time I should  come – at the moment Dad is adamant that he won’t come in which case I won’t come over Xmas. I would like to come when it is a bit cooler but also when I can still swim – the heat nearly kills me.

Thank you very much for the lovely parcel, which arrived on Friday – everything is really super. Have you started to receive your “Your Family” yet? I got a parcel off to Stacey on Friday as well for her birthday & I’ll have to send yours & Melissa’s soon – gee! But your postage is expensive compared with ours – thanks also for the lovely photos & thank the girls for their postcards & tell them I am missing them so much. I have got silky here – Debbie & I take turns at having her – she is no trouble & sends her love to the girls.

Tons of love to you all,

                                                                Dad, Mum & family





No comments:

Post a Comment