Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Durban 16.4.87

From Durban
16.4.87

Dear Lorna, Alan, Mellissa, Jolene & Stacey,

                                Hope this letter finds you all well? We are all as well as can be. It was rally lovely hearing your voice over the phone. Neal and I really felt terrible not having written to you’s, so I hope the phone call made up for all the lost time. This really is a terrible pen I’m writing with of Ma’s. If I was at work I would have typed the letter.

Neal and I are both on leave and enjoying every minute of it. We have just got back from Jenny’s after spending 3 lovely days there. We went to the Royal national park for a day while we were there and it really as lovely.

We are spending the next 4 days with Ma and our last week hopefully on the beach in the nice warm sun. It is very cold at mom’s at the moment, but we hope over the long weekend it will start warming up. Neal wants to do some water skiing on Sunday then we will go back home on Monday. Neal is busy making our kitchen cupboards at the moment, he is hoping to finish them all by Saturday. (yah!) Jock drew up some lovely plans for an open plan kitchen so we have changed it to open plan.

We have also taken a bond out for the house and are hoping to put a sliding door into the lounge room. Mum said with Dad finishing work at the end of April that they will come down to Durban and knock the walls out and instead of Neal paying a builder, pay dad for doing it.

How are the girls settling in with their new school and friends? Are their school holidays the same as us? How is business?

We would really love you to send us some photos of your new house, and the place where you work and also some of the children. Stacey must be getting big now. We really miss you all.

I am still enjoying my job. I am getting so much more experience from this job than I have anywhere else. I am a receptionist plus I do the cash book, I also acted secretary for 2 weeks when our secretary went on leave. I was so nervous about it in the beginning but in the end it all turned out very well. I would like to work until Garrett starts school and then look for a mornings job. Neal is still worrying about the tax man. He has already worked is out and says’ that he doesn’t have to pay in, but now he is waiting to combine mine with his. I told him I will pay it if we have to pay in as he really didn’t want me to work.

The boys are all so cheeky and getting big so quickly.

Well I’ve got no more news for you, so I will end off. Sorry this letter has taken so long to write since the phone call.

Hope to hear from you’s soon. Give the girls all a big hug and kiss from us.

Lots of love

                Neal, Vanessa, Byron, Wesley & Garrett

PS Sorry about the untidy letter, I hope you can read it.






No comments:

Post a Comment