Thursday 23 March 2017

From Howick 5.5.87

From Howick
5.5.87
Dear Lorna, Allan & Girls,
                                                    Well we are here at Uncle Brian’s & Aunty Maureen’s  , where we have been since last Thursday – we sold the golf bakkie & bought  a Kombi transporter with a high roof & Daddy is going to turn it into a camper for us & we will also sell the Campervans & the VW double cab & then only have 1 car to insure  & license. I am so thrilled & excited about it that I keep getting up in the night to see that it hasn’t been stolen, we bought it because we fell in love with it 7 didn’t even take it for  a test drive 7 it has no guarantee only a COL.

10.5.87. Well we are back home again & the Kombi is giving us a few headaches, but hope to sort it out. One problem is that the petrol tank is leaking but the garage have agreed to fix it & lend us a car while it is being fixed.

The wedding went off very well – it was a beautiful day & the setting was two beautiful at the Riviera hotel on the banks of the Vaal River & the wedding breakfast was super & May had made her own dress & it looked lovely – I think Patrick had cold feet after 11 years – so we will see how it goes.
We came home early because Lesley was supposed to go to hospital to have her tonsils permanently removed – but she chickened out……………………………………………………………………………..........................................
We stopped at Jenny’s both ways & all is well with them – the children were so pleased to see us. By the way Aunty Maureen especially asked to be remembered to you & sent her love. Also what times are you at the surgery. Debbie is dying to talk to you.

Sheila is very busy doing sewing orders & seems to be making some money – I don’t seem to be able to settle down at the moment and I am very restless – but I must get my ass into gear as from tomorrow .

Dad, Debbie, myself & kids went to PM Burg today to get fruit & vegetables & it cost us R60.00 then we went to Checkers Cascades & t was like a mad house – I will never go there again on a Sunday morning. Jonathon goes to school 1 day a week now – but for how long I don’t know. Neal & family are well he just phoned for Mother’s Day & I am pleased to say all the kids remembered & phoned.
Many thanks for the books which arrived on Friday – I thought they were lost. I am really enjoying them & pick them up to look at them all the time – I especially like the one on things to do for the kids.

I sent off a parcel with 3 jerseys 2 for Stacey & 1 other. I am afraid I won’t get much done with Dad being home every night now but I am ever so glad he is not working nights anymore.
It’s not long now before we go to Margate for our leave. I am really tired out – so hope to have a good rest.
……………………………………………………………………………...............................................
Well we just going to watch the news & then go back to bed – so I’ll say cheers for now & hugs & kisses to the girls.

                                                                                Tons of love from

                                                                                Dad, Mum & family

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment