Wednesday 1 March 2017

From Howick 28.11.86

From Howick
28.11.86

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls,

                Gee thanks for letter, also for the money – Molly also received a letter from her family. We are all well here Lionel is working very hard trying to get everything finished before Xmas, so that we can go to for a few days in the Campervan. Neal and Vanessa are coming here for Xmas & I am wondering if we should all go to Jenny’s, but she is moving next week into her new house in Bergville – so I am going up on Monday afternoon with Auntie Kay & supposedly Debbie (if she doesn’t change her mind) for a few days – I have done nothing but rush, rush, rush for the last I don’t know how long. Yesterday was Lesley’s birthday & she gave us all a lovely super. Wednesday was Lionel & Debbie’s anniversary & I did so much running around for them that I told them that was their anniversary present. Today was Debbie’s time to have all the mothers to tea, so I get up at 6:00 am and made sandwiches, then at 7:30 am Lionel came and bought Jonathon & Missy Fay here for me to look after while Debbie got everything ready – so I went swimming with both the kids it was a lovely hot sunny morning and rained this afternoon. Jonathon is always asking “Where’s Loran?” Sheila has been working for 3 weeks at ESCOM and Mrs Lumgiar has been looking after Jenna-lee. Aunty Kay phoned last night to find out all the news & all our friends have been asking too.
Well I am missing the girls & have started to save as to come 7 see you all  but I see the Australians don’t want us S Africans.  Saw the bomb blast in Melbourne on the TV. As soon as I can I will buy a type writer & make it easier on you to read my letters. Lesley gave Dad R40 for Xmas so I have bought slats & Elliot has just finished the top section of the pool. Daddy has once again stated on the thatching.

Well love to Allan’s parents & family and all our love write soon & let us know what’s happening. Love & God bless you all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                Dad & ,Mum & family




No comments:

Post a Comment