Friday 24 March 2017

From Howick 21.6.87

From Howick
21.6.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls,
                                                Well you can’t believe how happy I am today the shortest day of the year & Tara’s 5th birthday. Well what a change in the weather on Tuesday & Wednesday it was 28-29 C then Thursday & there was snow everywhere & frost like I have never seen before – last night we baby sat for Debbie & left at 9pm to come home & our windscreen was just ice & we couldn’t get the windscreen wipers to work & I couldn’t get the ice off – so we crawled home.

Today being Father’s Day I thought you might phone – all the children phoned, but not one remembered to wish Daddy except Debbie, who made him a lemon meringue pie & came over this afternoon. I made a lovely kaffir pot – pot roast for lunch it was really lovely.

Tomorrow we are off to Vanessa’s. I am really looking forward to going – as I want to go & visit a lot of my old friends – did I tell you Aunty Violet is now living in Umkomaas & I want to go down & see her too – we always seem to be in a hurry when we are going down the coast or coming back – so we have decided to make a special trip.

I am busy knitting for Aunty Maureen – I have started 2 for your girls – but just don’t seem to be able to come right with them & I have unpicked them so many times, that I have now put them to one side.

Next week we are going to Jenny’s for a few days then onto Peggy Page’s wedding – then home. 
We are still having hassles with the car – there is just something small wrong with it & as it has an electronic start. Dad just doesn’t seem able to sort it out.

Neal phoned & is well he is leased we are going down to stay with Vanessa , as she is  a little bit scared – I can’t understand the Lumgiars…………………………………………………………..

I want to get a lot of material while I am in Durban especially winter material for shorts for the boys as I have a super pattern that I am using. My machine is back & seems to be working 100 %. I am still entering every competition that I can I have one in 100 chances of winning a car – so I am sure I must win something soon.

Jenna is well again as is all the family & they all send their love – hurry up you lazy girls & write to your Nana, who is missing you all so much. The Escom bus took the Escom school kids to Little Switzerland to see the snow.

                Tone of love to you all

                Mum, Dad & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment