Thursday 23 March 2017

From Hilton 15.5.587

From Hilton
15.5.587

Dear Lorna & family

Thanks for the letter which I have just received now. I am sorry to hear that you sound quite sad. I feel so far away & helpless. I have been missing you so much lately & have been wanting to phone you; but now that you have a phone at home it will be much easier.

 Ma , Dad & the kids & I went to Durban for the day yesterday. We had a lovely day. We fetched Garrett from Nursery school & took all the kids to the beach. (the weather is still hot here.) The tide was right out, so the kids could play in all the rock pools. It was lovely.

I also sewed Jonathon a beautiful track suit top while I was there. Sheila has been having sewing lessons and she can get the patterns for R1.50 each; so I am going to get them & send them to you. They are really super.

Ma cooked a roast at Neal’s house, & we all ate there.

Lionel has been working very hard too. It really becomes exhausting but it is fine for me, as I can go & sit with Ma & Dad. He sometimes works until 11 p.m. as he is trying to finish all his work before we go on holiday. Tomorrow we are going out for the day which is lovely. It is a little girls’ party at 11 am tomorrow. There is going to be lunch for the husbands & wives & then volley ball in the afternoon. It sounds great fun. It is also a type of house warming as they have bought a farm.

Fay is also going through a lovely stage now. She is saying so much now. Yesterday at Neal’s the phone rang. She picked it up & says hello & puts the phone down again. She can say everybody’s name 7 walks around the house calling everybody. She is so cute.

Jonathon is so lovely too. He has spent the morning with Daphne, next door. She is a pre-primary teacher.  Jonathon came home with a picture & a cat which they had made from play dough. He is getting so big. It is his birthday on Thursday so I am expecting a big crowd of kids in the afternoon. We have bought him a big flashy red train (battery operated) so I cannot wait to see his face when he wakes up on Thursday morning.

Anyway I do not have much more news. Love to everybody. Write soon.

                                Love Debbie, Lionel, Jonathon, Fay






No comments:

Post a Comment