Thursday 23 March 2017

From Melbourne 30.5.87

From Melbourne
30.5.87

Dear Lorna,
                I am enclosing a few odds and ends for children. I am not sure of the sizes but they can change them around if necessary.

I forgot to ask Norm before he went to work whether he will be able to come to Beechworth at the end of the holidays when I bring Jolene and Melissa back. He most likely will say that he doesn’t know yet. He will just have to make up his mind in a few weeks and I will let you know then.

                All the jumpers, hats & mittens are not knitted with pure wool so do not have to be so careful about washing them.

                We had a letter from your mother last week. Funny we had just been saying we must write to them when the letter arrived. She said she was waiting for Debbie’s baby then they were all going to Margate for a holiday. After that she says they are going to Kruger National Park. In Pamela’s’ last two letters she has been trying to get to Kruger NP. But she hasn’t got there yet.

                Did you see in the paper the other day there was an article about the weather getting warmer. IT said if the weather keeps going the way it is then in 40 years there will be no frosts at Beechworth or Benalla. These were the two towns mentioned. I am not sure whether that is a good thing or not but 40 years is a long way off.

                I certainly wouldn’t be building any new ski resorts which seems to be what the government is doing.

                I just thought if the mittens are too big thread a piece of elastic around the wrist to keep them on. I am not sure how Jolene & Melissa want to wear the hats but I think they would be warmer if you don’t turn up the bottoms.  Pamela’s letter will just have to wait because I started yours first. I am going into the National Parks office to help a lady there.  It’s a bit vague what I am going to do. I’m just a volunteer. I will let you know what I am doing in the holidays as soon as I know what I am doing.

                                                Love to Melissa, Jolene and Stacey.

                                                                                                Mum and Grandma







No comments:

Post a Comment