Friday 24 March 2017

From Howick 14.7.87

From Howick
14.7.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls,
                                                Well we are back home again for awhile I hope – we bought Byron & Wesley back with us……………………………………………………..We had a lovely week in Durban – Neal got  a 48 hour pass so we were able to spend the 2 days with him – then the weather was lovely so I took all the kids (+ Sherry & Clinton & Jenna) to the beach & it was spring now – it was a lovely change from the freesing cold weather here.       

Dad has been busy making the Kombi into a camper & so far has made us a full size double bed & a wardrobe & I have managed to buy us a 2 plate gas stove from the Pawn Shop for R50.00.

We took the 6 kids caravanning  with Ronald & Les to Illovo beach to the Fun Seekers Caravan Club – the kids really enjoyed themselves & were very good especially Donavan & Taryn, who were so helpful. They had a clown party so guess who made 6 clown outfits – I made 2  like the cover of the magazine then made the other 4 from bits & pieces – I will try & send you a photograph of them – the 2 clown costumes I made really turned out  terrifically.

Jonathon & Fay have been quite sick vomiting all the time – but they are back OK now & I  looked after them tonight while Debbie & Lionel went to “Mikes Kitchen” for a lovely meal. Jenna, Donovan & Clinton have all also been sick with vomiting & runny tummies & Dad & I both have flu.
All the family are well & send their love also Aunty Fay Morrison.

I am still entering every competition I can lay my hands on & now have 35 chances of winning a brand new Kombi – as our one still plays up all the time, but always gets us safely home. It is a full time job – I spent 2 hours last night just entering competitions & it is costing me  a small fortune in stamps, envelopes, postcards & packets & wrappers from the different packages.

Peggy’s wedding went off very well – it looked really lovely. It was a small wedding at home – they hired a marquee & had a hotel caterer in for a full hot lunch. Her husband has 1 degree & is studying to be a doctor & still has 3 1/2 years to go & so the Pages weren’t very happy about the marriage. The Hayes are hoping they have sold their business.

Did I tell you Dad & I are going  to look after a small holding in Kamberg for 2 months in September /October & we will be paid R10 a day – we are really looking forward to it. 

I made marmalade & hot atchar today. Well must close now.

XXXXXXX Tons of love to you all XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





               



No comments:

Post a Comment