Wednesday 1 March 2017

From Empangeni 30.12.86

From Empangeni
30.12.86


Dear Lorna, Alan + children

Sorry I have taken so long to write but we have been away for some time. We have also moved and are now living opposite Nseleni station on the Matuba road). We have a lovely place, just like living on a farm.

I’m glad to hear you are enjoying your new country, remember I mentioned Baba’s elder brother + his family were leaving the same time as you, well they almost came back they didn’t seem to have a good start at all. Anyway, they are going to give it a go and stay now.
The day I received your letter we received our application back from the embassy saying we could continue applying, we must send extra fees so that is as far as we got. At this point if they were not interested we would have been turned down.

I must admit , since hearing about how unsettled Baba’s brother  + his family were it really made me think again as it is a  big decision to make.

So Lorna, did you write your exams? How did you manage to travel on your own with the girls?
I haven’t seen Dawn yet as just before we got back from leave she left so I am missing her. We went to the Eastern Transvaal for a couple of days and then to Johannesburg. Although I enjoyed it I was glad to get home.  My old African boy has now retired (he left on Sunday) so I am now doing my own housework and, at the moment, enjoying it. How are you finding things? Do you have your own place? Have the children settled in? What is the attitude of the people there when they discover you are  South African/ Please excuse all the questions but I would genuinely interested to now, one more: has Alan found  a job?

Have you been able to do some sewing yet? I still enjoy the interlocker very much, I wouldn’t like to go back to a straight sewing machine again.

I would like to make a request, do you have a recent photograph of all of you to spare? It so could you send it to me I would like to keep it.

Otherwise we are all well here, trust it is likewise so with you.

                                                                                Sincerely
                                                                                                Patsy, Baba + family






No comments:

Post a Comment