Friday 24 March 2017

From Howick 29.6.87

From Howick
29.6.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls

Well we have just arrived back from Durban, where we had a super time meeting all our old friends & relatives – we saw Aunty Norah & Uncle Stan , aunty Betty, Uncle Freed  & Aunty Violet & all sent their love & very best wishes.

We are hoping to go to Jenny’s tomorrow for Regan’s birthday – but I can’t see us being able to make it as we are both so busy & Beselina is off sick & the car is still playing up. Thanks for all the phots I get quite heartsore when I see the girls but I know I will write something soon & be able to come & see you – tonight. I have sat & entered about 22 competitions so here’s hoping. Don’t you remember seeing mushrooms just like those in the pine forests near the Gibran’s old farm. Did I tell you that they had sold & now live here in Howick so we see them now & again. They have just got a job for Daddy & I – we are going to house sit for friends of theirs, who are going to England for 2 months – they have a lovely farm in Kamberg – it sounds lovely with a trout stream as well – so we are looking forward to it 3rd September – 25th October.

Lesley is now 100% & her old self again. We now have a proper table tennis & she & the children come over all the time to play. Sherry is quite good. Ronald is still working too hard 12 hour shifts now stop.

We looked after Neal’s boys for a week……………………………...................... We are going down again next week to spend another week with them & Neal will also get a 48 hour pass – then we will bring the boys here for a while.

The Besters are all well. Jonathon said today when I told him not to do something, he said I have just phoned Uncle Neal & he told me that I could do it. He also told Lesley to do something for him & if she wouldn’t he wouldn’t stay & play with her – Fay is ever so cute.

My machine is bad & I hope fixed but I haven’t had a chance to even try it yet. The Lumgiar maybe moving out of their town house………………………………................................................................

The Hayes are hoping to have sold their business & will know for definite this week so hold thumbs for them.

It has been freezing cold again & the snow is think in the Berg it looked so lovely on my way to church yesterday.

I should say Dad has just prepared the fruit for me to make my first batch of marmalade tomorrow. We had a wonderful crop of guavas – we took a lot to Sheila. We have had lots of vegetables out the garden but everything is just about finished now from the frost although we still have carrots & turnips & the cabbages are just starting to form heads.

Well must go it’s very late & cold. Tons of love to each & everyone of you

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dad , Mum & family 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX






No comments:

Post a Comment