Wednesday 8 March 2017

From Howick 26.2.87

From Howick
26.2.87

Dear Allan, Lorna & Girls;
                                                Well we are having lovely rain at the moment – it has stormed every afternoon for the last 4 days & real beautiful in the morning, so I have done a lot of swimming & water exercises.

I have been rushing around today being payday, & this is the first month I have had some spare cash since Xmas – so Debbie, Leslie & I rushed down to Cascades this morning & I spent R300 on groceries. I came home & collected Dad  & we rushed down to PM Burg & I got all the birthday presents – so I will be posting off yours  & Melissa’s tomorrow, also another parcel for Melissa & Jolene  – I want to try and send them something small every month. Our postage goes up on Monday, hence the rush to get the parcels posted, Leslie paid half of Melissa’s book as it was a very expensive book, but I decided to buy it against 2 story books.

Debbie is having a party for Fay on Saturday & all the Durban gang are coming & all will be going to the dam water skiing. Ron & Les are going caravanning & Sherry & Clinton are stating with me as they don’t want to miss out on seeing their cousins.

I bought Fay & Jenna shoes for their birthdays, but didn’t dare try & get a pair to fit the ballerina’s foot – you will have to take her in when you buy her shoes, fay loves hers & shows off in them. I am busty making Jonathon a lovely sailor suit with bell bottoms trouser – it is looking lovely – I am busy tonight making Tam-lyn a mod dress I am copying it from one Sherry got for her birthday.

Dad has got the Kombi going & Lionel thinks it is the best thing that has happened to him & the kids love it too. Jonathon is coming over with Lionel in the morning. He is quite cheeky & if you don’t listen to him – he says Nana I am talking to you. Lesley makes such a fuss of him & Fay. Don’t send any more cash I will have enough to come over if Daddy doesn’t come; but I will pay your future UNISA fees so that I can have spending money from you when I come over. Morag gets married in April. Aunty Norah sends her love.

                                                                                                Tons of love from
                                                                                                Dad, Mum & family








No comments:

Post a Comment