Thursday 14 July 2016

From Melbourne (Mum) : November 1981

Melbourne
11.81

Dear Alan,
                                We received your letter you wrote about the writers last Thursday took 8 days I think that is the quickest we have had a letter. I am going to see if I can get the book you mention from the library. I know there are books by Nadine G but I haven’t read any. I must try them. How can you go to Basutoland if it belongs to the black people. I thought they were just for black people. They are not very large so I didn’t think they would want white people in them. When you have a chance I would like to know what the weather and country is like in Johannesburg. We all find what you say about the people is very interesting but I would like to know a little more too.

                Sharen had her baby last week. It was late and large. She had to have it induced and forceps were used. He was overweight and is called Troy. Anne went up @ saw her on Saturday. She said she is alright now. Last Thursday we went to a Japanese restaurant because it had been Beverley’s birthday on Wednesday. This was instead of tea at home. I tried some abalone. They were quite nice in taste but the texture was rubbery. I had a fish dish a mixture like a thick soup. Bev, Lois and Dad all had meat but I do like fish.

                Last Friday evening and all day Saturday I went to a workshop on soils and trees. Was interesting, the lecturer wasn’t very good but if we asked him questions he was good at answering. We travelled around Wonthaggi up to Warragul. The weather was beautiful and I learnt a little bit about soils.

                Dad was bit annoyed that you didn’t receive his letter. It was the longest letter he can remember writing. He will just have to write another. Daylight saving started yesterday and the only person who arrived late at church was Anne. She forgot to put her clock on. Do you have daylight saving? Beverley is trying to make up her mind what she will do next year but Lois and Pamela keep telling her different things. She will have to make up her own mind but Lois and Pamela can be very hard to get on with. They don’t agree with her subjects. She has decided she doesn’t want to be a nurse at the moment.

                                Love from Mum


No comments:

Post a Comment