Sunday 31 July 2016

From Melbourne (Mum) : 17.5.82

From Melbourne
17.5.82

Dear Alan,
                                I am enclosing two photos. They are not very good but hey are the best that I have taken of Anne and Lois. The others were all out of focus or they looked awful. I just finished the film last weekend when we went up to see Lois. The photos I took of the country where Lois is staying are good But I didn’t seem to take photos as well. Beverley was going to come but after we got the tickets she decided she had too much work that she had to have finished so Pamela came instead.  She has just bought her camera to take on her holiday. Her photos of the Mallee are better than mine. It was her first film. You and Pamela seem to take better photos than me. We stayed in the house Lois stays at for three nights. She took us around the area from Mildura to Renmark @ Berri and also to a wheat farm in the Mallee. We had a good time. I might even be able to get dad away somewhere else for another weekend.

                Dad tried to get your accountant to see what he can do to get your money but he is away on holidays. He will try again as soon as the accountant comes back.

                I am writing this letter at Trentham. I came up this morning and Anne and Benjamin came up later and helped me clean all the spaces where the trees died. We cleared them all ready and tomorrow I am going into the Nursery at Macedon to get trees. I will plant them tomorrow and then go home tomorrow night. Beverley is working in the library at Monash so Lois is going to get the tea for them tonight. Benjamin had a lovely time filling his truck with dirt and colleting stones but most of the time he was getting prickles out of himself. Anne cleared most of the spots as I was not very good at bending over. I banged the stakes in.

                I took Auntie Grace and Win to see Evelyn and Auntie May. Bill was there too as she had a heart attack @ weeks ago and is not allowed to do anything. He said he feels alright but does tire easily. Jenny is pregnant again and this time everything is going well so she is happy. Sorry this pen is not very good but it is the only one I have here.

                I forgot to mention before but in the paper last week there was a small news item saying the “Broderbond” thought they should give more power to the colored and Asian groups but the black people got nothing. There was not very much written. Did this change of ideas make much news in South African papers.

                This pen is getting harder and harder to write with I will have to finish now.
                                                                                                                  Love from mum.
               



No comments:

Post a Comment