Saturday 23 July 2016

From Johannesburg : 2nd March 1982

From Johannesburg
2.3.82
Dear Mum,
                                I have a good opportunity to go into private practice which I’m going to take. It’s in Howick which is just outside Pietermaritzburg in Natal.   If it works out I’ll be able to buy into the practice which one old man has been running for years. I went down there a few weeks ago and it’s beautiful country, it’s in the Drakensberg, very, very English, pukka and conservative. Don’t send any letters that arrive after 20.3.82 and I’ll find out later where I’m staying.

                If you or Lois can find a place that wants to buy tapestries I know I could get a lot of cheap ones in Lesotho. I’ve seen some mohair ones from there and they are very good.   Actually they are not that cheap and they would be worth a couple of hundred dollars in Melb. Less than this and it’s not worth it but it’s one way of getting money out of this country.


                                                                                                Regards Alan 

No comments:

Post a Comment