Thursday 14 July 2016

From Melbourne (colleague) : 11th November 1981

Melbourne
11.11.81
Dear Alan,
                                Things have improved abit for me since I last wrote; I no longer feel like vomiting when I walk through the surgery door. I have learnt to laugh at dentistry and it doesn’t worry me much now. The only thing that really gives me the shits is the wogs who can’t speak a word of english @who just lie in the chair with a fucking stupid grin on their faces stinking of garlic – these I can do without.

                                I’m still working about ½ time if not less, and I manage to get (at least) a 3 day weekend every week; so I’ve heaps of time to do important things like going diving.

                                I will be going back to Uni next year (if only for one year) just to see what getting away from dentistry can do for me. I am actually really looking forward to going back; a feeling I thought I would never have 2 years ago! It is quite different the second time around the pressure just seems alot less. First choice will be a course in Geology.

                                I got in contact with JC shortly after I received your last letter  @ told him to write to you but he is as much a lazy cunt as I: Thus when he rang me about 2 weeks ago  he said he hadn’t written yet – I expect he will yet. He also completed a full distance on the Melbourne Marathon (in 3:50) which isn’t at all bad for a bloody geriatric. (I’d be pushing shit to run 10 miles).

                                Another but of news is that Chris Bridge is really doing well.  I have this from two independent sources so it seems believable – Good on him – always a hard worker. Best bit is his practice only cost him around $9000. Just shows what is possible.

                                Tim Cutler is going back to do a Masters next year. I really don’t know how they do it – I’d either go raving mad or be physically ill all over the place if I ever saw some of those bastards in that cesspool of dentistry.

                                It goes without saying that Clausen is as keen as ever – to fucking keen, that’s his trouble.

                                Only bit of practical news that has interested me is that the Democrats and Labor are voting against the introduction of uni fees for 2nd degrees. Bloody good on them from my point of view as it may save me $1000 next year!

                                I had an accountant do my tax return. You should have seen the utter BULLSHIT claims he returned – the amazing thing is that he saved me $250 after I had paid him (that is compared to how I worked it out – legally)

                                Well that’s about all I can be bothered writing as I am basically a slack cunt. Hope you are well @at least getting some satisfaction from the work.

                                Yours, improving in leaps and bounds,
                                                                                                                J



No comments:

Post a Comment