Sunday 31 July 2016

From Melbourne (Anne) : 19.5.82

From Melbourne
19.5.82

Dear Alan,
                                I have read your last letters to Mum, so I know you are not happy with your boss. However I hope that apart from that everything is fine.

                I started work at Easter. I teach maths and one science class at Tottenham Tech.  I am on holidays now but term two starts on Monday. I like the work very much specially teaching the Maths.  The classes are all male and fairly small. My biggest class is 18 in form one.

                On Monday Ben and I and Mum went up to Trentham to help Mum prepare to plant some more trees. Last week I went out everyday –taking Ben out etc.–ON Friday we went to the zoo which has improved a lot lately.

                I have stayed here a bit this week because ben is sick. He has bronchitis. (Not sure how you spell it!)

                The footy season is well under way with Richmond and Hawthorn on top. This pleases Dennis as he barracks for Richmond. You may be pleased to know Collingwood is leading for “wooden spooners” –though they are having a little bit of competition from Footscray.

                The big improvers are Melbourne. We saw them lose to Richmond a couple of weeks ago and since then they have won one or two matches.

                Kevin Bartlett got reported on Saturday but was completely cleared last night. Our pet corgi is settling in well except that she chews everything up.  I had to buy two towels to replace what she ripped off the line.

                Our cousin Elizabeth is expecting a baby in August which will make Auntie Laurel a grandmother. Everything is going alright. Katherine is back from overseas and will start teaching in a Catholic school next term. That about it!

                Bye for Now
                                                Love Anne XXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment