Thursday 14 July 2016

From Melbourne (Anne) : 15th December 1981

Melbourne
15.12.81
Dear Alan,
                Sorry for not writing sooner, but at last I have finished Uni. Dip Ed is a long year. I did an extra teaching round at Deer Park High. Denise Crosbie was my supervising teacher and I learnt a lot about how to be a good teacher from her. Her brother John married Julie Watts earlier this year. She showed me the wedding photographs. Denise is married and lives at Baccus Marsh.

                As you know Sharene lives at Baccus Marsh and had a boy Troy Richard Durham on Oct 20th. Dennis, Ben and I went to see her and the baby. We all talked for hours in the hospital and really enjoyed the visit. Ben wanted  to play with the baby but it is still too young to play with.  

                Geesje is due to have her second baby today but she hasn’t had it yet.  Her first baby Daniel and Ben are great friends and miss each other if they don’t play together often.  Geesje wants to mind Ben next year if I get a job teaching. (Which I think I will. There is a bit of a shortage of Maths/Science Teachers).

                Yesterday Ben and I went to the airport to see Bob, my Jewish friend from Uni, leave. He is going to Israel to do 1 -2 years (or more) research into lung disease and asthma. He was a bit scared going to a strange country, meeting new people and learning a new language. He doesn’t know Hebrew yet.  He went on a 747. I have never seen such a big plane but it took off with almost no warm up. He is visiting cousins in New York on the way.

                Ben cried and cried when Bob left and kept yelling at the plane “Bob come back”.
                Ben is talking really well now and understands a lot. He is very outgoing and likes an audience. We went to a break-up party with my group from Uni and he was the center of the party. He would go up to anyone even though he hadn’t seen them before. H calls all women over 50 “Nana”

                The other day when I visited Auntie Laurel he called her “Nana” and she was so pleased because she has no grandchildren of her own. The ABC is repeating their series of programs on Saturday Night. I don’t know how accurate it is but I will probably watch it because I know very little about it. (I will also be babysitting a friend’s 3 children and they have colour TV so everything looks better on colour TV). Ben looks a lot like you at the same age. He has blonde wavy hair like you did. If you have time please write.

                                Love from Anne XXXXXXXXXXXX                             








No comments:

Post a Comment