Thursday 14 July 2016

From Melbourne (colleague): August 1981

Melbourne
14.8.81

Dear Alan,
                It is bloody good to hear from you. Apologies for not answering your first letter. You certainly seem to have found some satisfaction in dentistry which is a bloody great deal more than me at the moment.

 Dentistry is really giving me the shits bad, so much so in fact that I have decided to pack it in altogether at least for a few years and in the meantime try something else. It just makes me sick to look at a Greek’s stinking mouth. It just makes me think “What the fuck am I doing here.” One day soon I will tell some bloody ugly patient what he/she can do with his/her bloody mouth and then walk out the fucking door. So much for my problems @ on to news.

Come to think   of it there is fucking little in the way of news. I saw Leith Brown a few weeks ago @he sends his best wishes. Clausen is as fucking keen as ever. Will anything slow him down … ever?
That stupid shit W has bought a practice (mostly because no-one would employ him). Ger has seen it @ says it is like working in  a museum apart from which he only saw 2 patients the arvo that Ger was there.

I haven’t seen C for a few months but me @ Ger are planning to invade his privacy soon @ drink as much of his beer as possible. We are also planning to place a sign in front of his house, something along the lines of “Pearly Gates Twilight Village” with a few added witticisms. Nothing like letting the bugger know he’s getting old.

Thus life goes on as boring as ever in Melbourne; so boring that a dog shiting on my lawn could make headlines. I have noticed that RSA does get a fair mention in the news here of late esp. Concerning the possible political come-back of that oh-so-honest anti-racist Vorster.
Not much else in the way of news.

                Yours, shat off bad,        

                                                                J

No comments:

Post a Comment