Saturday 23 July 2016

From Melbourne (Anne) : 10th January 1982

From Melbourne
10.1.82

Dear Alan,
                I am sorry that I didn’t send you a Christmas Card. By the time the mail strike was over it would have arrived after Christmas.

                We came back from holidays today so I have time to sit down and write you a letter. We stayed up at Ann Bridgeford’s place near Castlemaine for a week. They went on holiday so we minded their house and fed their dogs, guinea pigs, ducks, cat @ looked after their goats @horse a sheep. We visited Bendigo and Maryborough and also friends of ours in Castlemaine.

                We took our dog and after a couple of days it ran away into the bush and I think we have lost him forever. We will get another dog soon – probably and Australian terrier like skippy.

                Nothing much else is happening. Ben is growing up fast and talks very well and very clearly. He is nearly toilet trained too which is good.

                 I have applied for a job with the Ed Dept as a Science teacher this year. I haven’t heard yet but that doesn’t matter because I know eventually I will get a job. In the meantime I have plenty of work to do – sewing, cleaning @looking after Ben.

                Geesje had another boy on Dec 5th. She called him Matthew so Ben has 2 playmates – Daniel @ Matthew.

                There has been floods of cricket and tennis this summer. Chappell has made 5 ducks in the last 3 weeks including one on Boxing Day which Dad saw. However yesterday against Pakistan he made 35 though Australia though Australia lost. Today he made 56 against the West Indies and Aust was all out for 147 which is a very low score on the MCG. They lost and are now coming last out of Pakistan, West Indies and Aust in the one day matches. I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas. I believe you planned to do some sightseeing and bushwalking on your holidays.

                                                                Love from Anne XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment