Thursday 15 September 2016

From Transkei : 24.1.84

From Transkei
24.1.84
Dear Mum,
                                I tried to book The Blue Train but it’s well and truly booked out. It’s impossible to get on at such short notice. Anything else can be done. You should cancel the return flight from Joberg to Harare. It might be best if I booked thee flights to Zimbabwe but if you can do it it’s okay. If you can’t then tell me and also tell me the return flight No from Harare to Perth.

                You definitely need an International travel license plus your local license.  For RSA you need to apply in writing for a visiting visa. Any other countries a visa can be obtained at the border. 
                Vaccinations – I don’t think any are required.

                If you want to do any reading you have to get some history books. The History of RSA, The Boer War, The Scramble for Africa.

                I don’t know which is the best but if you don’t know any of the history you know nothing.

                I hope to be in Natal shortly but I don’t know when I’m moving. It should be in February but don’t worry about such things.

                                Regards Alan




No comments:

Post a Comment