Thursday 15 September 2016

From Transkei : 17.10.83

From Transkei
17.10.83

Dear Mum,
                I really think anything is better than coming at Christmas. It will just be impossible to do anything. But if you think that is the best time then it is up to you.

                I don’t know what I’ll be doing. if I’m staying here  then Christmas is very busy as the men come home from the mines for ¾ weeks and start breaking each other’s jaws. 

                Sometimes when everybody you meet tells you the same thing then they may be right. Everybody tells me I should get out of the Transkei and work in private practice. I feel the same but I’ve got so much to do at the moment.

                I can remember when people said sending boats to challenge for the America’s Cup was throwing money away. Well this goose has definitely laid a golden egg. People all throughout the world notice things like that and maybe it matters.

                                Regards Alan




No comments:

Post a Comment