Thursday 15 September 2016

From Melbourne : 7.8.83

From Melbourne
7.8.83
Dear Alan,
                                Just a short note because we have been thinking about what you said in your last letter about coming there to see South Africa while you are there. At the moment Dad is very enthusiastic about it. I’ve never seen him so keen for a while. Now we are here by ourselves he feels we could do more for ourselves. We know you would be working most of the time and we will have to go by ourselves but we wanted to find out if you had a few days free around Christmas time so we could see you. I am not saying that we will be coming but I would like to. The furtherest I have been since being married is Canberra so it is time I went and South Africa seems to be a very interesting place.

                Could you please let us know as soon as possible what we should do and if and when you will be free. I am not sure what I would like to do except go on the Blue Train from Capetown. We have got the school holidays starting and I could make enquiries but we will not do anything definite until we hear from you. Could you please let us know as quickly as possible because I think there is only one plane a week to South Africa and you might need to book a good way ahead for around Christmas time.

                Since I wrote last Lois and Ken have been for tea. Wasn’t too bad. Pamela is shifting from her flat next week.

                I think I will go to bed early tonight. I can’t remember when I had a headache last time but it doesn’t feel too good. My back and neck are aching too so it might be flue. I can’t remember ever having it before. There is always a first time.

                                Love from Mum
               
               



No comments:

Post a Comment