Thursday 15 September 2016

From Melbourne(Mum) : 25.1.84

From Melbourne
25.1.84
Dear Alan,
                                I think the governments Australian & South Africa make it as complicated as they can for people to travel between. I suppose it will work out alright but at the moment we don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

                We don’t know what we will be doing and where we will be saying when we arrive in Johannesburg. We arrive at the airport at 9:20 pm on Sunday 22nd April flight Sa 35. Do you think we should book into a hotel there for a few days until we see you or will you be at the airport.  We have to put on our visa where we are going to be staying. I think we will have to guess or give your address which might not be the right address anyhow. We will try and arrange to see Victoria Falls from here but you will not be able to be with us all the time so what else should we do here.

                Do you want us to bring something from Australia for you either something to do with dentistry or something purely Australian. I think we will have plenty of room.  We haven’t got many clothes to wear and we thought if we find we need something we ca can buy it in South Africa. It’s not as if we are going to the ends of the earth or though you would some times think it was.

                I go back to work next week but it has been a pleasant holiday not too hot. I took the chance in the holiday to have a few visitors or go out. I did start to clean up the place but didn’t get very far. Beverley was here Monday and Anne was here yesterday and I am going shopping with Pamela today. It is raining at the moment. I have only had to water the new trees at Trentham once this summer because we have had enough rain and not too much hot weather. I do hope we get everything sorted out as I am looking forward to seeing you and a different country @ people.

                                                Love mum



No comments:

Post a Comment