Thursday 15 September 2016

From Melbourne : 11.7.83

From Melbourne
11.7.83



Dear Alan,
                I have got back your blender which Lois was using and should be able to send it this week. I’ll have a look what else is here but I am not sure what you would like. I will send this by surface mail should take about 6 weeks. There are a few more books and all your notes if you tell me what you want. The only book that is left which you might be interested is one called Community Dentistry all the other books are general not dentistry.

                I don’t know what your weather is like but it is freezing here today. There is a very strong cold wind. I have got 5 layers of clothes on and I don’t feel warm. Lois left morning with a group of school children on a five day trip of Tasmania. If it was any colder than this it would be snowing. Actually the sun is chinning outside, no clouds but there is no warmth.

                Our place is still a mess Dad has been painting the back bed room but because it was a light color it needed 3 coats and only was finished on Saturday. Looks fresh and bright. On Saturday Lois is leaving home to live in a house that she & Ken bought in Moonee Ponds. There was a bit of an argument because they are not getting married but I hope that is all over now.  It happens in so many families and in the end they usually get married so I don’t know why they don’t do it at the beginning and then everybody would be happier.

                I think Pamela is going to shift into the old house that Ken has been living in. She wants more room and she didn’t really have very much room in her present flat. She is gradually learning to drive. Shouldn’t be much longer before she gets her license. But I think she will still use the train to go to work because she will be handy to the station and I don’t think she has enough money for a car. Spends it all on her holidays.  I hope everything is going all right for you.

                                Love from Mum


No comments:

Post a Comment