Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 5.8.1994

From Merrivale
5.8.1994

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

It was so lovely talking to you on the phone the other day – Melissa is in my thoughts the whole time – I’ll phone Debbie on the 20th to find out how she is doing.

Daddy got a lift to hospital this morning at 6:45 am & he will have to wait until 10 am to start his treatment – he took the lift to save one trip  & he will phone when he is finished  & I will go 7 fetch him – he has really been marvelous about the whole thing, I was devastated when the Dr told me, but I just know that with all the prayers that are being said on his behalf he will be OK & it won’t be the end of the world if he has to have his bladder removed, then at least will know that all the cancer has been removed.

Jenny has landed with her bum in the butter she has just got a job lecturing at an African Teacher training college in Newcastle – she will sleep 3 nights in Newcastle & go home once a week – the hotel is doing very well fully booked out until I don’t know when – the old owners are kicking themselves as they thought they were selling Jimmy a no-go hotel, but they weren’t people like Jimmy & they were making their money in the bottle store, which they still own. Jenny has bought herself a brand new Ford ute & Jimmy a 2nd hand Jaguar. Neal’s boys have been staying there every weekend as Neal is on a managerial course in Durban on a Monday – we also have Regan then Debbie’s kids & Clinton – but I love having them & they don’t give me one moments trouble & spend all their time down at the dam – they were even swimming weekend before last, when the temperatures were in the 30s – since then it has been very very cold with lots of snow.

Daddy is very busy making doll’s houses & dolls furniture – I am enclosing  a photo & clipping from the paper – you can’t see the inside of the house too well – but I’m going next week to see if there are any better photos.

Must close now I’m going to see Debbie & Matthew he’s too cute & clever – takes off his wet pants & puts them in the tumble dryer.

                Tons of love from
                Dad, Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment